I'm back. I've never had any clear idea of how many people know of this blog's existence, let alone actually read it. But on the off chance that you are in fact reading these words - sorry I'm late. Ronan Keating once said that " life is a rollercoaster ", and he couldn't have been more right (metaphorically) - life is full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and sometimes it takes guts to get on with it. It's for that reason that this blog has become more than a little mothballed for the past three years. To be honest, I'm surprised this page didn't take me to the land of error 404! But I'm back, so let's get you up to speed. I'm currently in my sixth week of the Media Production BA(Hons) course at the University of Lincoln (that's Lincoln, England - not Lincoln, Nebraska dear). And you know what? It's going very well indeed. Seriously - I'm very much enjoying myself on this new avenue of study. Every lecture, sem...
So we had a little peer review in college today, and I'm ashamed to say that I'm coming up a bit short (again). I've drilled my research pretty hard with this project, but it's time to show you where it's going. I could make excuses about the weather being poor for shooting and finding the right model in a short space of time being a big ask - but I reckon I'm above that. I mean it! Really! I am ! Maybe not. So let's set things going - fast. Here are the studies of Hockney's work that I promised. I went out and took some photos outside the college, trying to get some studies that would be interesting to "Hockneyfy". Rearranging the little squares can bit pretty frustrating (breathing is the worst thing ever sometimes - whoosh!), but I finally got it nailed. I used a laminate background because that's the surface I'd like to use in my final film. The lighting isn't great but I'm still experimenting with my setup. I'd love to ...
Well folks, here we are. After 12 long, arduous weeks of frankly fabulous work, I've got my final display ready for Weston's summer art show. Mounting the pieces was quite meticulous, but I managed to get them looking pretty good with the help of a few chums. Using a craft knife to get some of the air bubbles out of the vinyl worked well - just a small incision to allow somewhere for the air to escape to, and then simply pushing the air out with a finger. Nice and easy, and doesn't look half bad. Here's the completed Spy vs. Spy piece. I also added a small information plaque to give some background info about both pieces. This was very easily done via the use of Microsoft Publisher's text box tool, applying a 4pt stroke, bevel-design border, and spray-mounting each printed-to-paper design onto some foam mount board (the same stuff I used for my spray-painted scissor stencils, which I dotted around the piece). I had to think carefully about the position of the...
Comments
Post a Comment