"Wait, I'm supposed to be making something?"

So we had a little peer review in college today, and I'm ashamed to say that I'm coming up a bit short (again). I've drilled my research pretty hard with this project, but it's time to show you where it's going. I could make excuses about the weather being poor for shooting and finding the right model in a short space of time being a big ask - but I reckon I'm above that. I mean it! Really! I am!

Maybe not. So let's set things going - fast.

Here are the studies of Hockney's work that I promised. I went out and took some photos outside the college, trying to get some studies that would be interesting to "Hockneyfy". Rearranging the little squares can bit pretty frustrating (breathing is the worst thing ever sometimes - whoosh!), but I finally got it nailed. I used a laminate background because that's the surface I'd like to use in my final film.



The lighting isn't great but I'm still experimenting with my setup. I'd love to have some more time to get to grips with my camera - another tutorial would be great. I'm also testing some semi-stop-motion photography which could end up looking really great. Hopefully...

And that's right - I am producing a short film (shocker!). It will actually be based on this blog's content, featuring my views on how important it is to break the mould when it comes to photography. My brainstorming has been surprisingly effective for me, as I now have ideas for a full-on photography movement concerning my work, based on my assigned word.

Oh yeah, I suppose I should mention the fact that I have to base my work for the Photo Media option on a word - mine is snippet, isn't that fantastic?

So this little project could be called Snippet, but stylised as "Snip-et.". It's a combination of snip, to cut, with et, the French for "and". I really think it encompasses the message behind my film, encouraging creative minds to take the norm and turn it on its head completely - just like a certain group of people. A clue - B.H.B.K.B. Any guesses? All will become clear...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Benjamin, where have you been?"

End of the line...?