A sticky situation?
Who knew that doing nothing could be so exhausting?
The printing of my final pieces is now finished. A quick jaunt over to Knightstone campus on the other side of town, and I found myself in the print room. Nothing surprising - pretty messy and running tech that was probably groundbreaking ten years ago.
We were given a 1 hour 15 slot to complete all of our printing. The first sight of this was my first little worry; someone had seriously underestimated the time it takes not just to print something, but to print it right.
To be fair, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the printer I was using - a Roland VP-540i. Very solid piece of kit, and it can print at a very high quality. Unfortunately, the PC that it was hooked up to was running Windows XP. Huh. Nothing wrong with XP either, but it's really not built for running complicated printing software. At all.
So if you're wondering how long the printing process actually took, let me cut to the chase. We arrived at the Knightstone print room at just after 10:30am. I started printing my two A1 pieces of artwork at about 4 o'clock. And by just after 7:00pm, I was home.
Thankfully, I'd only had to do one reprint - but talk about suffering for your art...
But at least it's done. Here are a few photos and details of the printing process.
The printing of my final pieces is now finished. A quick jaunt over to Knightstone campus on the other side of town, and I found myself in the print room. Nothing surprising - pretty messy and running tech that was probably groundbreaking ten years ago.
We were given a 1 hour 15 slot to complete all of our printing. The first sight of this was my first little worry; someone had seriously underestimated the time it takes not just to print something, but to print it right.
To be fair, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the printer I was using - a Roland VP-540i. Very solid piece of kit, and it can print at a very high quality. Unfortunately, the PC that it was hooked up to was running Windows XP. Huh. Nothing wrong with XP either, but it's really not built for running complicated printing software. At all.
So if you're wondering how long the printing process actually took, let me cut to the chase. We arrived at the Knightstone print room at just after 10:30am. I started printing my two A1 pieces of artwork at about 4 o'clock. And by just after 7:00pm, I was home.
Thankfully, I'd only had to do one reprint - but talk about suffering for your art...
But at least it's done. Here are a few photos and details of the printing process.
![]() |
| Here are the QR codes cut using a guillotine. Quite easy, really - and they work just fine! |







Comments
Post a Comment