All becomes clear!
Alright - this is it. This is what we've been waiting for.
For the past couple of days I have been shut up in a small, dark room to record the stop-motion sequences of my short film. I used a program called Dragonframe (as also used by Aardman and Patrick Boivin) to do this, as well as a setup of a roster and two very bright lights. A sheet of white styrofoamy stuff made for an ample background and I was good to go.
Slightly irritating was the fact that my camera decided to develop a fault while I was working, but thankfully I had all that I needed by that point. Some shots of literally just my hands make up the main part of this short film (along with a roll of masking tape), but the finished effect will look superb. Probably.
I've anticipated that some footage of a young adult male's hands is not really enough to sway even the most captive audience, so I'm using my recently-learned "skills" with Adobe Illustrator and Flash to produce some vector graphics which will be spliced into the final film. There's also some text to put in and sounds to add.
I now have all the elements - they just need to be stitched together. Easy to say and harder to do? Maybe, since Dragonframe is only available on the college's MacBooks - for some reason. And I've also got to get my head around Final Cut Pro. Hurrah!
For the past couple of days I have been shut up in a small, dark room to record the stop-motion sequences of my short film. I used a program called Dragonframe (as also used by Aardman and Patrick Boivin) to do this, as well as a setup of a roster and two very bright lights. A sheet of white styrofoamy stuff made for an ample background and I was good to go.
Slightly irritating was the fact that my camera decided to develop a fault while I was working, but thankfully I had all that I needed by that point. Some shots of literally just my hands make up the main part of this short film (along with a roll of masking tape), but the finished effect will look superb. Probably.
I've anticipated that some footage of a young adult male's hands is not really enough to sway even the most captive audience, so I'm using my recently-learned "skills" with Adobe Illustrator and Flash to produce some vector graphics which will be spliced into the final film. There's also some text to put in and sounds to add.
"We're always forbidden to tamper with nature (*harsh, metallic bangs*), but - why?"
"Here's a big picture - New York. It's a bustling city, and you know what you're getting if you go there... (*traffic noises*)"
"You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just (*ping*) - change it."
I now have all the elements - they just need to be stitched together. Easy to say and harder to do? Maybe, since Dragonframe is only available on the college's MacBooks - for some reason. And I've also got to get my head around Final Cut Pro. Hurrah!



Comments
Post a Comment